Saturday, February 9, 2013

Sunday Morning Sourdough Pancake Treats

Featured Chicken Enthusiast:  Roberta, Long Beach

In the constant endeavor to learn how to make and do things.  I've started to bake bread.  In order to make a sourdough starter there is a convention of throwing some of it out and feeding the rest to keep the culture going.  Well, I'm not very good about throwing things away so I figured I'd make some pancakes for the girls.   About 1 cup sourdough starter, 1 cup wheat bread, 3 eggs (the shell and all), 1 cup milk and 1 tablespoon of baking soda.  These are not real ratios.  I really just threw in this and that until it was a not runny and not think and came up with this.  These have been a big hit, even with our adopted frizzle girls, Marshmellow, Caramel and Brownie.

Sourdough Pancake, mmmm
They are absolutely scared of me but seem to love the pancakes.  I also call them the grannies because they are oldest chickens at 4 years of age, don't seem to lay anymore and have a tendency to fall asleep while doing anything.  I adopted them to be ambassadors but since they don't really like me very much I really running a nice retirement home for them.

Eating the Pancake Layer by Layer

Marshmellow's Cute Frizzle Bottom


No comments:

Post a Comment